Posted by: jepenner on Friday, October 16, 2020 at 8:46PM
From the Fundraising Desk:
We are exactly 52 working days before the end of the year. It caused me to reflect back on the last 52 days. I rather doubt it is a coincidence. Figuratively, I am standing in the center reflecting on all the great work we have done while also knowing how much more we have to do. I realize the significance of 52 days from the story in the Old Testament of Nehemiah.
It has been exciting to watch God use the talents and skills of an incredible team unified for the purpose of building such a strong foundation for TCC and we are ready for the growth to come.
In the last 52 days, we have developed 3 programs aligned to meet our mission of connecting people to people, churches to churches and the world to Jesus Christ:
1) Our hallmark program, Samaritan Bags, partners with churches and organizations to prepare bags with essential items for those experiencing homelessness. Since 2013, we have seen lives changed, and congregations and small groups unify through outreach and service to the homeless.
2) Partners in Unity is a pilot program that serves church leaders and their congregations by providing resources that identify biblical unity areas within the congregation that need improvement. Using scripture as a foundation, we use surveys and numeric data to create action plans for churches that foster unity within their congregations.
3) Our upcoming launch, Prayer Nook is the app that lets you journal, request prayers, pray with your friends, and strengthen your prayer life – all in one easy to use app. Pray for those in your feed, share personal prayers within your inner circle, and journal prayers in your own private notebook.
We are very blessed to have the resources enabling us to build, and collectively we understand that God gives the increase. Much like the story of Nehemiah, we have come so far yet have so far to go. It took a whole city to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem and it will take a community of supporters to help us continue doing the vital work of uniting the body of Christ. Honestly, we cannot do it without you. In addition to prayer, here are a few ways you can help:
1) You can become a monthly giver. With this link, you can go to our Seeds of Unity fundraising page where you can sign up https://thechristianchain.networkforgood.com/projects/107549-seeds-of-unity
2) You can become an ambassador by hosting a peer to peer fundraiser. It is extremely easy way to share this page on Social Media or email: https://thechristianchain.networkforgood.com/projects/108945-tcc-ambassadors and in doing so, you create a mini fundraiser for us allowing your family and friends to support us.
3) You can also give a one time gift to any of our programs by using the appropriate link: a. Samaritan Bags https://thechristianchain.networkforgood.com/projects/108507-samaritan-bags b. Partners in Unity https://thechristianchain.networkforgood.com/projects/108215-partners-in-unity c. Prayer Nook https://thechristianchain.networkforgood.com/projects/110870-prayer-nook
4) If you work or volunteer with a business, civic group or church who could benefit from the programs we offer, please share this information.
We sincerely appreciate the dedication and support you offer. Thank you for being part of our community.
Director of Donor & Partner Relations